Basket Banana Leaf Tray Macy White Collection - Rwanda
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
The Grand Parker Tray is perfect for the family room ottoman. She’ll hold all your necessities as well as decorative things. It’s also great for serving drinks and snacks out on the patio and even making paper plates look fancy!
Artisans use a specially designed, handmade needle to thread dried banana leaves around the banana stalks. Contrasting colours are created by using banana leaves from different varieties of banana trees.
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda
Skilled artisans partner with Azizi Life, a fair trade organization in Rwanda to bring beautifully designed, handcrafted goods to the world. Azizi Life invests in a range of community impact projects including adult literacy classes and they are dedicated to the well-being of their artisan partners and their families.
Villages Port Colborne is located along the shore of the Niagara Peninsula. Where the Welland Canal and Lake Erie meet, in the heart of Port Colborne, we have been fair trade since 1984. We carry unique, handcrafted goods that are ethically made from artisans around the world. If you’re in the Southern Ontario area, we welcome you to visit us in-person!