Basket Bariku Bowl - Tea with Black 12" Azizi Life - Rwanda
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
The Bariku Bowl is both functional and decorative, with a diamond-shaped hand woven pattern.
All of these woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Slight variations add to the distinct beauty of products that are entirely made by hand.
The Bariku bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative.
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda
Skilled artisans partner with Azizi Life, a fair trade organization in Rwanda to bring beautifully designed, handcrafted goods to the world. Azizi Life invests in a range of community impact projects including adult literacy classes and they are dedicated to the well-being of their artisan partners and their families.
Villages Port Colborne is located along the shore of the Niagara Peninsula. Where the Welland Canal and Lake Erie meet, in the heart of Port Colborne, we have been fair trade since 1984. We carry unique, handcrafted goods that are ethically made from artisans around the world. If you’re in the Southern Ontario area, we welcome you to visit us in-person!