Necklace Bone Tooth on Leather Black/Etch) - Mexico
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Handmade by artisans in Kenya using traditional methods passed down through the generations, these necklaces are great for men or women. The chain is crafted from leather with a brass closure. The "tooth" is carved from ethically-sourced, sanitized animal bone
- Handcrafted and designed in beautiful styles, unique details on each piece. Because of the hand-carved and hand-painted beauty of each piece, no two are identical.
- Naturally water and stain resistant
- Socially responsible goods that is empowering to consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty. Fair trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Made from ethically sourced animal bones that would have otherwise been discarded.
- Each piece is approximately 8-inches long
Working with more than 100 individual carvers in Machakos, Kenya, Jedando Modern Handicrafts markets African handicrafts primarily made of wood and bone worldwide. Carving is a tradition in Kenya with the children learning the craft from their parents. Carved by hand using only rudimentary hand tools, items take shape from pieces of olive wood, mahogany, and mpingo, or "African Ebony."