Necklace Bone Tooth on Leather (Batik) - Kenya
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
Handmade by artisans in Kenya using traditional methods passed down through the generations, this necklace is great for all genders. The chain is crafted from leather with a brass closure. The "tooth" is carved from ethically-sourced, sanitized animal bone.
- Handcrafted and designed in beautiful styles, unique details on each piece. Because of the hand-carved and hand-painted beauty of each piece, no two are identical.
- Naturally water and stain resistant
- Socially responsible goods that is empowering to consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty. Fair trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Made from ethically sourced animal bones that would have otherwise been discarded.
- Each piece is approximately 8-inches long
Working with more than 100 individual carvers in Machakos, Kenya, Jedando Modern Handicrafts markets African handicrafts primarily made of wood and bone worldwide. Carving is a tradition in Kenya with the children learning the craft from their parents. Carved by hand using only rudimentary hand tools, the items take shape from pieces of olive wood, mahogany, and mpingo, or "African Ebony."
Villages Port Colborne is located along the shore of the Niagara Peninsula. Where the Welland Canal and Lake Erie meet, in the heart of Port Colborne, we have been fair trade since 1984. We carry unique, handcrafted goods that are ethically made from artisans around the world. If you’re in the Southern Ontario area, we welcome you to visit us in-person!